Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update


Dear Readers,

As usual, it has been awhile since I posted. I finally completed my paralegal studies at the University of San Diego and am now seeking employment in the field. Things are progressing well at Intrepid, two more candidates for initiation have received their interviews.

I am working on a piece of Architecture so that I may advance to the Fellow-Craft degree, hopefully in September. I am enjoying the process, and have many Brothers and Sisters with years of experience to assist me.

I contacted the lodge in November of 2007, was interviewed in April 2008, was initiated in September of 2008, and am looking at passing in September of 2009. This is as it should be, no rush, and time to grow in Freemasonry. We are having an excellent series of Masonic Education online twice a month. In addition, we have a minimum of one meeting a month at lodge, sometimes two, which I often cannot attend due to the distance involved.

When I first entered Freemasonry, the thought of women being involved seemed foreign to me. Now, I could not imagine it any other way. The Sisters in lodge Intrepid have been a joy to meet and labor with, without them, lodge Intrepid would be missing something very special. When men and women can meet on the level and work together as Brothers and Sisters, it really expresses the concepts of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity that I hold so dear.

I have no problem with men and women's clubs, but Freemasonry, a revolutionary organization, that in a time when racism, slavery, religious intolerance, class differences, where considered acceptable, stood up and preached tolerance, the equality of people regardless of origin, ethnicity, and religious faith. There is no reason that I can see to exclude half of the human race from such an organization.

Mixed Masonry is the future. While there are, and will continue to be, Masonic groups that are limited to men, or to women, the mixed lodges will grow, and become the dominant lodges of the future. As well they should.

No comments: